2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
When properly equipped, the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 can deliver a maximum towing capacity of 5,534 kilograms. Whether carrying equipment to your White City-area job site or hauling a boat or trailer on a weekend getaway, this pickup truck is up to the task. Learn more about the 2020 GMC Sierra towing capacity in this guide from Capital GMC Buick Cadillac.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
Looking at how much the GMC Sierra can tow depends on which engine is under the hood. Check out the towing capacity of each of the three available Sierra engines to find the one that best meets your needs:
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 – 3,493 kilograms
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 – 4,491 kilograms
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Max Trailering Package – 5,171 kilograms
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 – 4,218 kilograms
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 with Max Trailering Package – 5,534 kilograms
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: With this package, you’ll get an automatic locking rear differential, trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package comes with two side view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing with your trailer in tow a breeze. A trailer-mounted camera is also available.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When backing up your truck using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake will automatically set once the truck is in park, to prevent the vehicle from rolling..
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: You can activate and monitor your trailer brakes using control buttons found on the center console.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This available feature will adjust the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
The ProGrade Trailering System is an available feature that can enhance your GMC Sierra towing experience. Using high-resolution cameras, integrated smartphone apps, and your Sierra infotainment display, this system makes towing through Lumsden easier and safer. ProGrade Trailering System features include:
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: This includes features like pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: With this app you can test your trailer lights without having to climb out of the vehicle to check them.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This features a dynamic grid line with zoom capability, which can make hitching up a trailer easier than ever!
Test Drive the New GMC Sierra 1500 Today at Capital GMC Buick Cadillac
Ready to take advantage of the impressive GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity? Explore our new Sierra inventory and colour options, then schedule a test drive today! Don’t forget to take a look at our new vehicle specials and current GMC deals, and if you have any questions or would like to see how the Sierra 1500 matches up against the Chevy Silverado, please feel free to contact us. If you are working with a tight budget, check out our great selection of affordably priced used trucks.