2021 GMC Sierra 1500, 2500, and 3500 Towing Capacity
The GMC Sierra lineup of pickup trucks come with a variety of available cab sizes and bed lengths, while delivering the rugged capabilities that will serve you well on your White City-area work site. How much can the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500, 2500, and 3500 tow? Depending on the model and set-up you choose, you can expect a towing capacity of 3,856 to 16,329 kilograms. Learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity and features, and then schedule a test drive at Capital GMC Buick in Regina today!
How Much Can a GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
The GMC Sierra is a light-duty pickup truck, but that doesn’t mean it can’t provide strong towing and trailering capabilities in Lumsden. How much can a GMC Sierra 1500 tow? Check out the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity and payload capacity by trim level below.
Sierra 1500 SLE, Elevation, and SLT
- Available maximum towing capacity of 3,856 to 5,352 kilograms
- Maximum payload of 703 to 971 kilograms
Sierra 1500 AT4
- Available maximum towing capacity 0f 4,173 kilograms
- Maximum payload of 699 to 962 kilograms
Sierra 1500 Denali
- Available maximum towing capacity of 4,173 kilograms
- Maximum payload capacity of 703 to 970 kilograms
How Much Can a GMC Sierra 2500 Tow?
As part of the Sierra HD lineup, the GMC Sierra 2500 provides all of the robust capabilities you expect from a heavy-duty truck. Not sure what that means? Just take a look at how much a GMC Sierra 2500 can tow.
- Available maximum conventional towing capacity of 8,391 kilograms
- Available maximum fifth-wheel/gooseneck rating of 8,396 kilograms
- Maximum payload of 8,391 kilograms
How Much Can a GMC Sierra 3500 Tow?
The most powerful pickup in the Sierra lineup, the GMC Sierra 3500 is a strong work truck built to take on the most challenging job with ease. How much can a GMC Sierra 3500 tow? Review the Sierra 3500 towing capacity specs to see if they will meet your Moose Jaw-area trailering needs.
- Available maximum conventional towing capacity of 9,072 kilograms
- Available maximum fifth-wheel rating of 14,515 kilograms
- Available maximum gooseneck rating of 16,329 kilograms
- Maximum payload of to 3,376 kilograms
GMC Sierra Towing Features
The GMC Sierra towing capacity is enhanced by a number of available features that are designed to make your towing experience easier and safer.
- Max Trailering Package: This package comes with an automatic locking rear differential, trailer brake controller, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, a radiator cooler, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Two side view mirror cameras make reversing and changing lanes with a trailer in tow a breeze, and the available trailer-mounted camera provides even more visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: This feature boosts safety by automatically applying the Electronic Parking Brake once the truck is in park.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Convenient control buttons on the center console allow you to activate and monitor your trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system allows you to adjust the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak according to the selected drive mode.
The high-resolution cameras and integrated smartphone apps of the available ProGrade Trailering System add safety and convenience to your towing experience. With the ProGrade Trailering System, you’ll enjoy the following:
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: These allow you to access pre-departure checklists and programmable trailer brake settings, as well as add Trailer Theft Detection and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: With this feature, you can test your trailer lights without having to leave the cab.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Hitching up a trailer has never been easier than with this system, which features a dynamic grid line with zoom capability.
Choose Your GMC Sierra Truck Today at Capital GMC Buick!
Ready to pick out the GMC Sierra truck that has the towing capacity you want? At Capital GMC Buick, you’ll find the full lineup of new GMC trucks, and with our new vehicle specials, you’re sure to find the deal that is right for your budget. Interested in a capable midsize truck option? Check out the GMC Canyon towing capacity. Note that we also carry a great selection of used trucks, all in top condition and affordably priced. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about the GMC pickup trucks we have in stock today.
More From Capital GMC Buick
The 2021 GMC Yukon is a powerful SUV that can easily haul a boat or travel trailer on your next getaway outside of White City. How much can the GMC Yukon tow? When properly equipped, you will enjoy a maximum GMC Yukon towing capacity of 3,810 kilograms. Learn about the towing features of the new…
If you’re in need of a powerful truck that’s perfect for work and play, then the new GMC Canyon is a powerful midsize pickup truck that can easily do double duty as a work truck or a daily driver on your Moose Jaw commute. With its strong engine and robust capabilities, the Canyon can easily…
The Cadillac Escalade is everything a prestigious luxury SUV should be. With its commanding presence, powerful engine, and expansive, meticulously crafted cabin space, the Escalade defines this exclusive segment. Let the experts at Capital GMC Buick take you on a guided tour of the 2021 Cadillac Escalade interior, then schedule a test drive at our dealership in…