2021 GMC Terrain Towing Capacity
One of the benefits of driving a compact SUV is the versatility it can provide, and the new GMC Terrain is a perfect example. Along with its spacious interior, flexible cargo options, and strong performance, the GMC towing capacity of up to 1,588 kilograms will meet the needs of your active lifestyle. Learn more about the 2021 GMC Terrain towing capacity and performance specs, and then schedule a test drive with Capital GMC Buick in Regina today!
How Much Can the GMC Terrain Tow?
So, how much can the GMC Terrain tow? The Terrain towing capacity you’ll enjoy on White City-area roads will depend upon which engine you choose. Find the details regarding the two available Terrain engines below to determine which will best suit your needs.
1.5L Turbocharged Engine
- Horsepower: 170 hp
- Torque: 203 lb-ft
- Towing capacity: 680 kilograms
2.0L Turbocharged Engine
- Horsepower: 252 hp
- Torque: 260 lb-ft
- Towing capacity: 1,588 kilograms
The GMC Terrain can be equipped with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, and new to the Terrain lineup for 2021 is an off-road ready AT4 model. While the details have yet to be released, the Terrain AT4 promises to be a bolder and more capable option for your next adventure outside of Lumsden. Contact Capital GMC Buick to learn more about all that the GMC Terrain AT4 will have to offer.
GMC Terrain Traction Select System
Every 2021 GMC Terrain model equipped with all-wheel drive comes standard with the Traction Select System. This innovative system ensures safety and control on the roads in and around Moose Jaw, while also enhancing the Terrain towing capacity. With the Traction Select System, you can choose from the following driving modes:
- FWD Mode: Improves fuel consumption during everyday driving by mechanically disconnecting the rear axle, eliminating drag.
- AWD Mode: Automatically sends engine power to all four wheels, allowing for greater traction on wet, icy, or snowy roads
- Off-Road Mode: Auto-adjusts the AWD system for better traction and stability when driving on dirt, gravel, or sand.
- Available Tow/Haul Mode: Includes Trailer Sway Control and improves traction on boat ramps or uneven roads by automatically engaging AWD mode as needed.
Learn More About the GMC Terrain Towing Capacity at Capital GMC Buick
The friendly sales team at Capital GMC Buick will be happy to provide you with all of the details regarding the GMC Terrain towing capacity. They will also make sure that you take advantage of the savings offered in our Terrain specials. If you are interested in a pre-owned SUV, check out our used Terrain inventory. If you are interested in a larger SUV, check out the GMC Yukon towing capacity. Please feel free to give us a call at 855-957-2422 if you have any questions.